Wednesday 4 February 2015

Art Class homework

Still life - More tulips

I couldn't attend the Art class last week as I had a prior engagement. My brother-in-law Robert brought me a bunch of tulips when he visited so I thought I would have another go at a pen and wash still life.  I opted for dip pens rather than the twig from last time for a more delicate drawing. The ink I used was not waterproof so that when I added the watercolours some of the ink ran and blended into the colours, an effect I quite like.

In the class that I missed they painted night scenes so I have started having a go at this at home to catch up. I have some hare ornaments so I have painted one of them with a moonlit background. Not finished yet so will post later on if it is successful.

Lesley x

No comments:

Post a Comment