Saturday 9 May 2015

Art Class - Amaryllis

Amaryllis Picotee

We've been looking at different artists for homework, Georgia O'Keeffe being one of them.  I just love her enlarged flower paintings.  For Christmas my sister-in-law, Sandra gave me an Amaryllis bulb which flowered for over a month sending up three different flower stalks, which flowered one after the other. I took a photo of one of the flowers meaning to send her a copy via Facebook but never got round to it. Anyway, I remembered the photo and decided to have a go at painting a copy, in the style of an O'Keeffe.  First I drew it in my sketchbook and coloured in with Spectrum Noir colouring pencils, then the next day I scaled it up onto a board and painted it in Acrylic paints.  I am pleased with the result and will definitely do more close-ups of flowers from my own photographs. 

Lesley x

No comments:

Post a Comment