Thursday 27 August 2015

Flower Painting course

Hydrangea
For two and a half days back at the end of July I attended a Flower Painting course at Wensum Lodge, Norwich.  I haven't done any other painting during the summer unless you count decorating the house so thought you might like to see my efforts from the course.


The course tutor was Toni Hayden who was brilliant and very inspiring.  Her sketchbooks and paintings that she brought in to show us were fantastic and it would take me years of practice to get anywhere near the standard of her work.  There were about ten of us on the course and an abundant array of flowers and fruit in the centre of the studio which we could select to paint.  Toni demonstrated and also came round and gave us individual help and advice.



The medium for these paintings was Gouache, something I have only tried a few times before, and watercolour paper. Everything was painted with one brush which Toni recommended, Da Vinci - Maestro No.6.  An investment as it cost more than I usually spend on a whole set of brushes. Certainly won't be letting the grandsons borrow that one!


Add caption

 This may not look much for half a weeks work but it took a lot of concentration. I thoroughly enjoyed the class and if you like flower paintings check out some of Toni's work.

Lesley x

No comments:

Post a Comment