Thursday 26 November 2015

Art Class - Half term homework


Prince and his Tutor

We have been doing life drawing, a first for me, and I'm not sure what the rules are on sharing life drawings without asking the sitter's permission, so I thought I would post my homework instead. The task was to enlarge and interpret a black and white photocopy of part of a painting by Gerrrit Dou in our own colours. I have tried portraits before in acrylic but they weren't very successful so for this I chose soft pastels for a change.  I found getting the detail difficult with the pastel sticks, even using a blender tool, so there is a bit of graphite pencil work on the eyes.  This did not photograph very well as the light bounced off it.  If anyone knows how to do details with soft pastel I would love to hear from you.

Lesley x

No comments:

Post a Comment