Not really masculine, but neutral, so I think it will be acceptable as my second Clarity card this month. Still in the process of trying to move house here so I have cheated a bit and used a Zentangle I did way back when I first got this stencil. Think I can just about remember how to do it, but no step-by step photos for this one I'm afraid. Hope it gives you some inspiration for your entry this month if you haven't already done one yet.
Stamps: Happy birthday from Line sentiments 1
Stencils: Whirlpool NDSC10
Inks: Various Adirondack, Archival Black
Other: Small Circle punch, Black pen, Sharpie pen
- Using a pale yellow ink (sorry can't remember exact colours) brush through the stencil. Wipe clean the stencil with a dry cloth while still in place. This helps emphasise the edges as well as cleaning the stencil.
- Replace stencil in different position, flip over if you want to, and repeat with darker yellow ink.
- Repeat last step again using a green ink.
- Edge the whirls with a black pen, deciding where they go under and over each other.
- Add Zentangle patterns to the whirls.
- Crop and then cut into three pieces.
- Edge with a Sharpie pen.
- Mount on matching card.
- Punch three small circles from waste bits and edge with Sharpie pen.
- Stick on circles.
- Stamp sentiment with archival black.
- Mount on blank card.
Well that was a quick card but only because I had already done the stenciled background and Zentangle months ago and put it away in a draw. Do have a go at this month's challenge if you can. I think we all need a bit of inspiration when it comes to designing masculine cards and your entries certainly inspire me.