Wednesday 15 June 2016

Claritystamp Challenge - Masculine #2


Not really masculine, but neutral, so I think it will be acceptable as my second Clarity card this month. Still in the process of trying to move house here so I have cheated a bit and used a Zentangle I did way back when I first got this stencil.  Think I can just about remember how to do it, but no step-by step photos for this one I'm afraid.  Hope it gives you some inspiration for your entry this month if you haven't already done one yet.

Stamps: Happy birthday from Line sentiments 1
Stencils: Whirlpool NDSC10
Inks:      Various Adirondack, Archival Black
Other:    Small Circle punch, Black pen, Sharpie pen


  • Using a pale yellow ink (sorry can't remember exact colours) brush through the stencil. Wipe clean the stencil with a dry cloth while still in place.  This helps emphasise the edges as well as cleaning the stencil.
  • Replace stencil in different position, flip over if you want to, and repeat with darker yellow ink.
  • Repeat last step again using a green ink.
  • Edge the whirls with a black pen, deciding where they go under and over each other.
  • Add Zentangle patterns to the whirls.
  • Crop and then cut into three pieces.
  • Edge with a Sharpie pen.
  • Mount on matching card.
  • Punch three small circles from waste bits and edge with Sharpie pen.
  • Stick on circles.
  • Stamp sentiment with archival black.
  • Mount on blank card.
Well that was a quick card but only because I had already done the stenciled background and Zentangle months ago and put it away in a draw.  Do have a go at this month's challenge if you can. I think we all need a bit of inspiration when it comes to designing masculine cards and your entries certainly inspire me.

Lesley x

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Lesley. It reminds me of a mythological creature. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love this not used this stencil yet works well with the zentangle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley this is just great, like Shelagh it reminds me of a mythological creature x

    ReplyDelete