Wednesday 1 June 2016

Claritystamp Challenge - Masculine


This month's Claritystamp challenge is to design a masculine card.  Why is it that we find masculine cards more difficult?  Even shop bought cards for the boys seem to be stuck in the fishing, golfing, cars, football etc mode. 

My design for this month just evolved, at the start I had no plan whatsoever of where I was going.  My other half grunted approval at the finished card, so I think it worked out alright.

Stamps: Claritystamp Happy Birthday from Line sentiments 1, Man from Wee folk #1
Stencil:  NDSC #5 Torn Shapes
Inks:     Various colours of Adirondack, Archival Black
Other:   Stencils brushes, black pen

  • Using the stencil, brush on various coloured inks to make a random pattern for a background paper.

  • Outline the shapes with a black pen.
  • Colour in small intersections with a black pen.
  • At this stage I cut the paper in half and looked for inspiration.
  • I vaguely saw a sort of climbing frame so stamped a wee man looking very chuffed at himself. Look, no hands! (Memories of the two eldest grandsons at Pensthorpe adventure play area last month)

  • Then added the sentiment, slightly curved,  continuing the black lines with a pen to tie it onto the uprights.
  • Trimmed and mounted onto black and then lilac card. 


Can't wait to see what everyone is going to come up with for this Claritystamp Challenge.

Lesley x





14 comments:

  1. I love how you have done the background on this card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lesley, as per the stencil I used, this is another one that drew a large blank, however your idea is fab and could be adapted for all sorts of cards and occasions. I particularly like the depth of shade you have created with the overlapping shapes. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't claim the idea was mine. Barbara did a similar background with this stencil in one of her demos. I have used it for a few backgrounds on various cards. x

      Delete
  3. This is so different but effective Lesly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've created the background Lesley, it looks great, and the link to a climbing frame is very clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, so very cool, love this idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley, so very cool, love this idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card Lesley, love those subtle colours. Made me smile when you mention your other half's reaction - mine gets fed up with me asking "what about this? What about that? It's obviously a "masculine thing" Just as well there'll be lots of different ideas from all the entries to the competition lol x
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background Lesley. Its a great idea for younger male cards and has given me some inspiration for my grandsons' birthdays which are coming up at the end of the month; so thank you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone, it's very encouraging getting feedback x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea Lesley .. I can see one of those courses where people are up in the climbing frames getting from one to another ... can't just think what they are called. but its a great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea Lesley, the whole card is brilliant. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley , I love your card , what a great idea . I'm inspired . Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice, it's a useful way to make a background and I see something different each time I do one. x

      Delete