It's been a while since my last post. I stepped down from the Claritystamp Challenge Design Team in September so there was no card from me last month. However I have just managed to complete a card in time for this month's Challenge and I hope it is OK to go back to becoming an entrant to the Challenge. Last year there was a Challenge to use stencils and as I don't use these as much as I should I thought I would have another go at that Challenge. I must admit to having a lot of the club stencils unused, still in their wrappers.
Stencil: NDCS #20 Love tree
Inks: Adirondack Red Pepper and Butterscotch
Other: Gelli Plate and Mega mount, black pen
- Mount your 6x6" Gelli plate onto it's Mega mount. This really does make it easier to use.
- Using a brayer spread Red Pepper ink onto top half of the plate and Butterscotch onto the bottom half. They will merge a bit in the centre.
- Place the stencil onto some paper, or in my case a page in my sketchbook, then place the Gelli plate down on top. I have cleaned my brayer onto this page as well. This bit isn't needed now but I will develop it sometime.
- Remove the stencil from the Gelli Plate and there will be ink left on the plate where the stencil was. This is the bit I want.
- Place the Gelli plate onto some card and press down to take the print.
- Not sure why I got the blobs, maybe too much ink, but I will work with them.
- Now just take a black pen and doodle around the image. I added some extra hearts where there were blobs.
- Darken the colours behind the tree with colouring pencils to make it stand out more.
- Mount onto black card then a card blank.