My entry to the February Claritystamp Challenge, Flower Power. My first outing for my Funky Foliage stamps and the Oriental Vine stencil bought in the Claritystamp Members January sale and I am quite happy with the result. The stamps are so striking I thought it best to keep the design quite simple. Also trying out an art shop sale buy, Derwent Inktense Ink pencils. Here I just used them like I would use watercolour pencils but the effect is much brighter. Will have to experiment further with these.
Stencil: Oriental Vine
Inks: Adirondack Butterscotch, Archival Black
Other: Gelli plate, Inktense Ink Pencils, Black Sharpie
- To make the background paper use a brayer to load butterscotch ink onto the Gelli plate,
- place the stencil on top and then blot with some scrap paper.
- Remove the stencil and then take a print with the ink left on the Gelli.
- With black ink stamp the seed heads and leaves.
- Colour in with pencils and then blend with a damp brush.
- Trim and add a black border with a Sharpie pen.
- Stamp on sentiment and colour in.
- Mount onto gold and then copper card before attaching to blank card.